Global Agenda is an online team-based game by Hi-Rez Studios developed using Unreal Engine 3. The game went live on February 1, 2010. April, 2011, Global Agenda was re-released as a free-to-play game, introducing Elite and Free Agents in addition to an in-game cash shop featuring Agenda Points. Global Agenda mixes a science-fiction setting with a secret agent backdrop, leading the developers to refer to the game genre as spy-fi.
An extensive expansion pack was released in September giving fans of Global Agenda some terrific new features, enemies, quests and maps.
Notable expansion additions include:
- New Open Zone with several instanced missions, quest chains, mid-high level content, and social spaces
- New enemies – including world bosses and instanced mission bosses
- Daily Repeatable Quests – for solo agents and teams. Some quests take place in zones, while others send teams into Recursive Colony hive nodes and ruins. These quests include new 4-man defense Raid missions – now available to smaller groups (1-4) at lower levels (20+)
- New Dyes, Flair, and Trails – rewards for winning missions, completing daily quests, rare bot drops and achievements
- New Pets – new pets available as rewards and crafted items.
- New Blueprints – for consumables and mods
- Easier crafting – components now within the zone, to help with leveling crafting skills
- New PvP Map – Push Dust will be entering the Merc queue from Beta
- New PvP Acquisition/CTR Map – Colony Caverns will be entering the Beta Queue
- Revamped Intro Missions – Tutorials now include class-specific elements to help train new players
- Some quests now affect the state of the world (example – Brownouts in Dome City…)
- Ability to transfer between different Open Zone instances (and VR Arena)
- Open Zone cross-instance chat channels
- Disconnect to Character Select Screen without re-login
- Improved Vendor Item Previewing
The game features a third-person camera view, although some weapons allow scoping in a first-person view using a mouse action. Characters have jetpacks, as well as various weapon types, including melee. Global Agenda features a large degree of variability in player appearance with unique achievement based flair items; almost all player items can be re-colored using dyes for additional personalization.
Global Agenda has scored an impressive 82% from players on Metacritic and IGN’s noted that the game “hits the top notes in many areas”. The crisp graphics and fast paced, high intensity team-based combat are well orchestrated and with the expansion pack adding even more value, this is one MMO-Shooter you don’t want to miss.