Get ready to put the pedal to the metal as Digital Reality’s latest release roars onto the PlayStation Network, Xbox LIVE Arcade and PC with Bang Bang Racing. It’s a new fast-paced top-down perspective racer that provides an extremely entertaining arcade racing experience. Bang Bang Racing delivers frantic action, competitive AI and addictive gameplay in one package.
The track designs are well constructed and provide challenge and fun around every corner and down every straight. Speed your way to victory with intuitive controls and unlock new cars that are faster, corner better and come equipped with stronger nitro systems. The variety of cars, courses and challenges guarantees hours of fun.
Gamers will have to be on top of their game to secure first place with each race. There are 20 unique vehicles and eight colourful skins, all spread across four distinct classes, including racing muscle cars (like N-Dura), stock car series (like Evo GT), world endurance championship (like Protech) and formula one open wheels cars (like Apex). Drive high-speed, pumped-up racing cars through cones, tires and exploding barrels!
To come out on top you’ll have to do more than just drive fast. You will need to find shortcuts to best your opponents, repair your car in the pit lane for damages obtained during laps, refill your nitro supply (or you’ll be left in the dust) and lastly you’ll need to equip the best car for the specific course at hand.
Graphically the cars and tracks are nicely detailed and colorful. Digital Reality’s arcade racer looks fantastic and is well polished. The vivid graphics are backed by action packed gameplay that includes interactive objects, exploding barrels and oil spills that demand close attention while sliding around corners. This makes each race that much more exciting and equally unpredictable.
Bang Bang Racing Features
- Multiple exotic racing locations from all around the world
- Nine challenging reversible circuits varied with unique shortcuts
- 20 unique vehicles and eight colorful skins, all spread across four distinct classes, including racing muscle cars, stock car series, world endurance championship and Formula One open wheel cars.
- Take on your friends in Bang Bang Racing in local split screen multiplayer (up to four players), and prove your dominance by earning and showing off your honors and achievements with extensive Friends and Global Leader boards!
- Face dynamic, interactive objects like cones or exploding barrels that make every race unpredictable – be sure to pay attention to the variable surface conditions that will affect how your car performs, like snow, sand, water and oil.
- N-Dura Class: With strong grip, good control and moderate speed, this intro class will bring you up to speed and deliver your first taste of nitro boosting!
- Evo GT: Faster, greater drift around corners, insane acceleration with even more nitro – mastering these beasts is a bit of challenge.
- Protech: You’re going to need some wicked moves to conquer these racing machines – don’t forget to use those brakes either, as these babies can move!
- Apex: Hope you’re ready for the major leagues as these are the fastest cars on the planet – highly agile but also fragile, requiring the tightest control imaginable.
Car Models and Customization
Within each class you’ll find five different models that have different acceleration, top-speed, nitro, strength and steering/handling attributes. Customization is also key and the look and paint jobs for your car are up to you – there are even eight unlockable skins to earn! Gamers can find a car in each class that fits their exact racing style and the track selected for racing.
Bang Bang Racing is simple in its overall design and this is certainly one of its greatest strengths. This allows it to be picked up and enjoyed by just about anyone. Along with the finely tuned controls and colorful, vidid graphics, it’s a fantastic arcade racer that is quite a bargain considering its priced at 800 Microsoft Points ($10). There is a lot to unlock and fun to be had with Bang Bang Racing’s different modes and challenges. Be sure to check out Digital Reality’s latest offering and challenge a few friends or family members to some classic top-down racing today.
Review Rating: 8/10