The summer is always slow for game releases but the month of August does introduce some great video games across many platforms. These five games will hold you off till the busy season begins in fall.
1.Madden NFL 15
The 26th edition of EA Sports venerable pigskin game, Madden NFL 15 delivers everything fans need to own their rivals on both sides of the field, including the most immersive defensive gameplay control in franchise history. Like the Super Bowl XLVIII champion Seattle Seahawks, you can win championships and bask in the glory of success by building a great defense fit to challenge the best offenses in the game. Fans will also experience an entirely new broadcast presentation that delivers Madden NFL game day like never before with dramatic all-new camera angles, as well as dynamic pre-game and halftime features. It’s not just football, it’s Madden Season.
Deliver on Defense
- Bring the Heat – Utilize a new set of pass rush tools to beat your blocker and disrupt the backfield. New mechanics to jump the snap, shed blocks and steer offensive linemen put your in control and make defensive linemen more dangerous than ever.
- Risk vs. Reward – Defenders can now make aggressive or conservative tackles in the open field, with proximity cones showing the effective range of each. Aggressive tackles can lead to big plays and fumbles, but conservative tackles are more likely to bring the ball-carrier down without giving up extra yards. The choice is yours, but so are the consequences.
- A New Point of View – See defense through a whole new lens with all-new camera angles that let you attack the play from the defensive’s perspective. Whether you lock in on a single defender and go for the big play or follow the action wherever the ball goes, you’ll see the play unfold through the defense’s eyes
Best of Broadcast
- Director’s Cut – New broadcast and NFL Films-inspired cameras capture the emotion of every play from fresh new perspectives. Choose from six gameplay cameras pre-snap to get the best view of the action.
- Show Time – The new pre-game and halftime shows featuring studio host Larry Ridley tell the story of the game, complete with game-changing matchups and big play highlights.
Be a Student of the Game
- Crowd-sourced Play Call – A revolutionary recommendation engine utilizes data from millions of online games to surface the best selection of plays possible for the match-up and situation. Sort from traditional sets and formations, to expert recommendations, to what’s working the best in the Madden community.
- Run The Gauntlet – Skills Trainer has been expanded to teach not only gameplay skills, but strategy and football concepts as well. Learn how to read zone defenses, when to hot route a receiver, and more with nearly 50 new tutorials and drills. Once you’ve mastered the basics, enter The Gauntlet where your skills will be put to the ultimate test through intense challenges.
- Think: Fiendishly designed puzzles with equally clever solutions that are never more than a few steps away.
- Wonder: The art in The Swapper is constructed using clay models and everyday materials, which combine to create truly unique visuals in a detailed and atmospheric environment.
- Discover: A powerful and thoughtful story, told through the games environment with narrative design from Tom Jubert, the writer behind hits like Driver: San Fransisco and Faster Than Light.
3. Risen 3: Titan Lords
A young warrior is attacked from the shadows and deprived of his soul. He sets off to reclaim what is lost amidst the darkness that is spreading throughout the world. The mages could prove to be powerful allies on his quest. To get their help, he needs to find their sanctuary on Taranis, also known as Thunder Isle. Protected by the Guardians, the mages search the mines of Taranis for crystals loaded with magic energy. Will the player join the Guardians to get in contact with the mages? Or will he choose one of the other guilds in Risen 3 – Titan Lords to reach his goals?
- Freely explore, playing different parts of the game in the order you wish and shape your unique adventure; take on quests at your leisure, each which will have different ways to tackle them and with different outcomes
- Discover quests and characters as you traverse this world in a variety of ways from swimming to climbing; quaint medieval-style towns to deep into the dank dark of mines, to the supernatural shadow world, there is much waiting to be explored
- Risen 3 – Titan Lords is made for players looking for a more classic experience, that hearkens back to the day when games refused to hold your hand and left your path and destiny up to you
- Crystal magic has returned, bringing with it devastating new combat abilities; Wield elements such as lightning, fire and ice to obliterate your foes, or make use of a multitude of additional magical skills to aid you in exploration – the choice is yours
- Choose to ally yourself with one of three distinct guilds, each offering unique skills, armories and quests allowing you to approach your adventure in very different ways
- This Ultimate Evil Edition contains both Diablo III and the Reaper of Souls expansion set, together in one definitive volume.
- Play solo or form a party of up to four other heroes.
- For PlayStation owners, Diablo III: Reaper of Souls – Ultimate Evil Edition offers ‘The Last of Us’ Nephalem Rift, a randomized dungeon swarming with Stalkers, Clickers and Bloaters in hand-picked environments with a unique ‘The Last of Us’ yellow spore effect. Also included is the ‘Guise of the Colossi’ Unique Armor; a unique transmogrification plan that unlocks six armors that are inspired by ‘Shadow of the Colossus’ and work for all classes.
Tales of Xillia 2 is set a year after Tales of Xillia, and revolves around Ludger Kresnik, a run-of-the-mill man who lives with his brother and cat, and Elle Marta, a young and dependable girl who Ludger meets by chance. Throughout the game the player will have to make decisions for Ludger that will cause the story to branch out in a new direction.
Tales of Xillia 2 features the return of the linking system from the original Tales of Xillia, in which players can link to any active party member in battle to team up and destroy enemies with support attacks and powerful linked artes attacks. The game also features a new Weapon Swap mechanic while in battle, meaning that players can switch between three main weapons; a sledgehammer, dual pistols and dual blades in real-time during combat.