With the next generation consoles launching soon, we have some fantastic First Person Shooter franchises accompanying their debut. Every fan will surely have their pick come later this year with the release of Killzone Shadow Fall, Call of Duty: Ghosts and Battlefield 4. With only previews and limited time with each game, we can only speculate at this point which title will reign supreme. One thing for sure is that all gamers will have an excellent variety of First Person Shooters to choose from come launch day. The hardest part will be choosing which one to pick up!
Killzone: Shadow Fall
A New Breed of Hero For a New Vision of Killzone. You are Shadow Marshal Lucas Kellan, tasked with maintaining the fragile peace between the ISA and the Helghast. Any misstep could see the conflict spiral out of control, taking your homeworld with it. Designed For Get ready for the Next Generation of gaming with breathtaking scale and the new freedoms of tactical gameplay.
Killzone: Shadow Fall is a true showcase for the impressive power of PS4. The redesigned DUALSHOCK 4 further enhances the experience with its refined controls. Command the OWL, Kellan’s versatile, commandable combat drone that functions as an extension of you, dramatically augmenting your abilities and offering a host of new tactical options. Killzone Shadow Fall promises a tense, realistic Cold War Sci-Fi experience like no other before it. On a divided Vekta, one in which bitter enemies are forced to coexist, constant distrust threatens to escalate into all-out war. Discover an all new side to an ancient conflict.
- A new breed of hero for a new vision of Killzone: You are Shadow Marshal Lucas Kellan, tasked with maintaining the fragile peace between the ISA and the Helghast. Any misstep could see the conflict spiral out of control, taking your homeworld with it.
- An expansive arsenal of futuristic weapons: Command the OWL, Kellan’s versatile, commandable combat drone that functions as an extension of you, dramatically augmenting your abilities and offering a host of new tactical options
- Tense, realistic cold war sci-fi: On a divided Vekta, one in which bitter enemies are forced to coexist, constant distrust threatens to escalate into all-out war. Discover an all new side to an ancient conflict
- Designed for the next generation of gaming: With breathtaking scale and the new freedoms of tactical gameplay, Killzone: Shadow Fall is a true showcase for the impressive power of PS4. The redesigned DUALSHOCK 4 further enhances the experience with its refined controls
Call of Duty: Ghosts
“Infinity Ward set the gold standard for first-person action for a generation, and they’re going to do it again with Call of Duty: Ghosts,” said Eric Hirshberg, CEO of Activision Publishing, Inc. “Ghosts delivers an all-new story, all-new characters, an all-new Call of Duty world, all powered by a next generation Call of Duty engine, which is a leap forward for the franchise. Infinity Ward is going all-in to create the next generation of Call of Duty worthy of the world’s greatest fans.”
“Everyone was expecting us to make Modern Warfare 4, which would have been the safe thing to do. But we’re not resting on our laurels,” said Mark Rubin, executive producer of developer Infinity Ward. “We saw the console transition as the perfect opportunity to start a new chapter for Call of Duty. So we’re building a new sub-brand, a new engine, and a lot of new ideas and experiences for our players. We can’t wait to share them with our community.”
- The franchise that has defined a generation of gaming is set to raise the bar once again with the all-new Call of Duty: Ghosts.
- The next generation of multiplayer
- 60 frames-per-second across all platforms
- Introduction of a new next-gen engine
- A new Call of Duty Universe
Battlefield 4 is a seminal moment for the Battlefield series as more award-winning, multiplayer game design elements are incorporated into the single-player campaign. In single-player, gamers will experience huge environments, a playground of destruction, access to an arsenal of vehicles and the ability to direct squad mates. Taking a page from the social aspect of multiplayer gaming, the single-player mode will now track players’ progress, adding an element of persistence and friendly competition to the campaign.
Battlefield 4 offers players a glimpse into the future of interactive entertainment – a future that is more human, dramatic and believable than anything before it. With more than 65 million players worldwide, the Battlefield series has consistently been praised by critics for its world-class multiplayer gameplay, and is recognized as the only game that allows players to own land, sea and air.
- Only in Battlefield can you change the landscape in real-time with interactive environments that react to your every move.
- Only in Battlefield will you find the awe-inspiring power of the next generation Frostbite 3 engine, whose unrivaled audio and visual fidelity make your game more dramatic, more believable, and more human.
- Only in Battlefield can you experience an unmatched level of all-out war that grants you the freedom to play to your strengths and carve your own path to victory.
- Only in Battlefield do you have the power to dominate land, air and sea with all-new, intense water-based vehicle combat.
- Pre-order the standard edition** and receive a Battlefield 4™ China Rising Expansion Pack.
Which game are you getting?
We would love to hear which particular FPS you are buying day one and why. We’ll definitely be picking up all three and can’t wait to see how each one stacks up against each other graphically and gameplay wise. Leave your thoughts and personal picks below!